Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cooking for Families

I stated in my profile that I love to cook and that is true. You would think that my family likes to eat. Nope! Not mine.

I was watching a commercial for Hamburger Helper. The mom says, "How about we have Hamburger Helper Cheesy Macaroni and Beef?" She shuts the pantry and they are all sitting up to the table. They have this same family filmed showing the husband and kids trying to run to the table. The dad is so excited he almost falls down the stairs. (This made me laugh)

The day after I saw this commercial, I said to my family, "Time for dinner!" I received no response. I said, "If you come to dinner now, you can dish out your own plate. If you come later, I will dish it your plate for you." (We have a rule you have to eat whatever you dish out.) I am not kidding when I say they were in there seats before I finished talking. That is how excited my kids are for my cooking. Maybe it is because I wasn't cooking Hamburger Helper. My husband works the late shift so he has an excuse for missing dinner.

Three days after that I was cooking in the kitchen. I made soup, rolls, bacon, and cookies. Through all of this preparation my dog Cooper was by my side eagerly waiting for some dropped morsel of food. This made me laugh to think that my biggest fan is my dog!

He is the funniest dog ever. He loves to sit right in the middle of the kitchen floor and watch me. He won't move out of the way. He just lays there and stares. Often, my little boy Caleb is laying on top of him. Caleb tries to convince Cooper to go downstairs with him, but Cooper won't leave. Sometimes I get busy in the house and don't get to the timer on the oven right away or I can't hear it. Cooper will stand in the kitchen and bark. I come in and he looks and me and then barks at the oven. I think he is saying, "Get it! We want it! " At least I have one fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment