Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

As soon as the temperature drops below 60 degrees, I feel like homemade soup, homemade bread, and pumpkin cookies. I got this recipe from a friend. I love it. I know some recipes use allspice but I hate allspice. Another reason I will never be a professional cook. Here is the recipe. I hope you curl up with a good book when you eat them. They are so much better that way.

3 cups sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs 2 teaspoons nutmeg
5 cups flour 2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda 1 large can pumpkin
2 teaspoons baking powder 1-2 bags chocolate chips
1 cup oil

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Put sugar, eggs, vanilla, oil and pumpkin in a mixing bowl. Mix on low until everything is combined. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and mix on low until combined. I like to mix the dough with a spoon at this point so I won't over mix the dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I sometimes freeze the dough because this recipe makes at least 5 dozen cookies. You can freeze it in a container. You thaw it on the counter until it is thawed out all the way. You then scoop it out and cook it. Or, you can scoop dough out on a wax lined cookie sheet. Freeze the dough balls. Once thoroughly frozen, put them in a ziplock bag and freeze. To defrost them, put them on a cookie sheet and thaw on counter. Once thawed bake. If I freeze the cookies already baked, I leave them on a plate with no covering and let them thaw. Once you cover them they become soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment